Wednesday 29 October 2014

Pre Halloween Activities

   Halloween is big in Canada and I think the adults have more fun than the
Lyndsay and the grim reaper
children! I took part in a few pre Halloween activities . The first one was a visit to Hugli's Blueberry Farm for some annual fun. The first thing we did was take a truck to the Haunted House. It was really scary and at one point we were literally walking in pitch black hanging on to the sides of the wall. The ground was uneven and even a bit squishy in places. I was with Lyndsay and I kept grabbing a hand and asking, "Is that you?" Fortunately it was. Lyndsay did not fare so well, she was in front of me and being rather short she kept grabbing at something and it turned out to be the backside of the fellow in front! All this time things were jumping out at you and screaming.



   After that we were off to the cornfield maze. We seemed to walk for ages to find the centre graveyard. In places the corn was at least eight feet high and nothing much could be seen except by the faint light coming from the perimeter. It had been raining and the ground was a bit muddy in places as well as having hills. here also people were jumping out at you. I was so involved with looking where I was going that I did not see someone standing very still right next to
Remember "It"
me. I screeched and jumped backwards. Oh, was I embarrassed when a voice said, "I am not part of this." I felt such an idiot and rushed on as fast as I could. We wended our way around but could not find the way out. At one point we found a gate saying "Emergency exit." You can imagine what we did! Taking tickets for the maze was a rather scary clown who did not speak. It was a lot of fun and after that we were starving and went into Pembroke for dinner at Kelsey's


  

 
   As I am part of the food bank crew I was asked to help take money at a children's Halloween party whose revenue was being given to the food bank. I got myself a sort of kiddy costume, which the adults recognized at once, and spent a couple of hours there with Gail, who runs the food bank. Characters dressed as Elsa from Frozen and Spiderman turned up for photo ops. It was so lovely to see the little children's faces when talking to these characters who they were so sure were real.




1 comment:

  1. The pumkin is huge I am glad you are enjoying your new home.

    ReplyDelete