Sunday 11 January 2015

First Christmas in Canada





   I was looking forward to my first Christmas in Canada and desperately hoping for a white one. I just about made it as there was still a little snow left on the ground. The weather had changed over, it was freezing and we had rain as well. We had set up our tree, and decorated outside It was lovely to see how many houses had lights and decorations outside for the season. On Christmas Day we had a private time with just the five of us. In the late morning Stacey was Santa and handed out the gifts that were all under the tree. We took turns
opening gifts and meanwhile were enjoying our eggnog (non alcoholic!) and eating chocolates. I do not think I have ever eaten so many chocolates in one day! It was a busy day as well, as we were laying the table and preparing some of the food for Boxing Day. I made our traditional trifle (alcoholic!) and Lyndsay made a different one. The next day Lyndsay's parents and her sister Heather came over for the day. We had a repeat of the previous morning
and even the cats and dogs received gifts! Lunch was delicious and as usual at this time everyone ate far to much. The good trifle (alcoholic!) was a great success and I had a few wines. This year Christmas was celebrated three times as we later in the week went over to Rob's parents for another dinner. More gift giving and eating! I had a wonderful first Christmas in Canada and was so happy to spend it surrounded by my new family.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Christmas is the "giving season", but mostly it is the "eating season"!!!! Happy you have found your niche......<3

    ReplyDelete