Tuesday 30 December 2014

Celebrating Christmas before the 25th


   There was so much going on before Christmas. The first was a concert at the high school with a donation of food and money for the Food Bank. There was singing, dancing, music and drama. For me the most fascinating item was with the choir. They had a girl keeping the beat with her hands and a plastic cup. She was so talented.

   One Saturday we went to Ottawa to the theatre. I saw the Nutcracker ballet being performed by the Alberta Ballet Company. It was beautiful and as I had never seen it before, only Swan Lake and the Firebird, I was mesmerized throughout. We also went Christmas shopping and Lyndsay walked my feet off. She has much more stamina than I do!!!
   The following Sunday evening Lyndsay and I went to a Ladies Night at the Home Depot. We decorated a wine glass, made a snowman decoration for the tree out of a light bulb and made a beautiful ribbon wreath. It was the first time they had done anything like that and it was a lot of fun. Only one small problem Lyndsay and I did not understand the directions properly and made our wreath out of small ribbon bows while everyone else used large ribbon bows!! Never mind I think ours worked out as well, if not better, than the others.

The quilt guild I belong to had their Christmas lunch in the Masonic hall where I
members of the Eastern Star who had cooked the lunch for us. I remember my mother telling me she belonged to Eastern Star in Scotland when I was small.
   The municipality gave a Christmas dinner for the volunteers in Eganville The meal was delicious and the entertainment hilarious. All the firefighters were up on the dance floor dancing to the song "YMCA," it was a lot of fun!


   At the food bank we were very busy handing out the Christmas boxes which we had packed up a day or so before. About eighty families are cared for at the Eganville branch. People called us the little Christmas Elves!

No comments:

Post a Comment