Thursday 11 December 2014

Driving in Canada, Part Two


   Oh dear, driving in Canada is not really me! The other day I set out to take Stacey into the next town to her life guard course. Gale brought her car over and I told her yes of course I could find the way. I had written down the directions to the pool from the entrance to the town so I thought I was set having said only the day before how well everything was sign posted. No, No, No!!

   I got in and set off. Turning to Stacey I said, "It is straight all the way, right?" She agreed and off we went, driving straight, chatting and
laughing all the way. Never thought to look at the road signs! The road just kept on going and it never crossed my mind it was taking us rather a long time to get to our destination. All of a sudden Stacey tells me are almost at a town way out of our route. She called Gale and told her we were lost. I backed up and found the crossroad with a road sign to where we were supposed to be going. We were so late and the I am told if she misses this class she would be put out of the course. I felt so guilty and set off on a further seventy kilometre trip that should have been only forty three from the beginning.
 
   I found my way into the town and we were to meet Gale at a set point. To make things worse Stacey's phone battery was almost dead. We got there, were met and Gale drove the rest of the way. I felt such a twit and so guilty but fortunately they understood and let her in. I have never driven so far in my entire life and was very glad to see Gale at the parking lot of the restaurant where we had agreed to meet.  I do not think Gale will ever let me drive anywhere ouside the village and as the weather gets worse I am not sure I even want to try!

2 comments:

  1. So you keep trying, good for you!!! After all, practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was driving the other day trying to get off the snow and the wheels were spinning! I suppose slowly but suely I will make it.

      Delete